Welcome to Untemplater!
If you’re new here then your first impression is probably something like this…
“Well, isn’t this a bizarre looking site. Hmm, ‘Untemplater’, whatever does that mean? And what is it you write about?”
This page will help you get familiar with all that Untemplater is and has to offer so sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!
What Exactly IS Untemplater?
Untemplater has a simple mission – to inspire a special community of free-thinkers to “shatter the template lifestyle” in favor of a truly exciting, unique, and unconventional one. When you break down the name Untemplater you get un-template-r. In other words, Untemplaters are people who want to do things their own way and don’t believe in having to wait until the traditional retirement age of 65 to achieve freedoms and happiness.
Instead, we aim to live life on our own terms by taking action and working hard to pursue our goals and dreams today. Our motto is to:
Work where you want…Live how you want…Be who you want to be.
Popular Posts on Untemplater
- Quit Your Job And Die Alone: This is the most commented post on Untemplater with a record 243 comments and counting! Making good money on your own is way harder than you might think so think twice before you hand in your 2 weeks notice.
- How I Negotiated A Severance Package And Got Paid To Quit My Job: I experienced a big lifestyle change in 2015 and couldn’t be happier.
- Taxes Suck And Make Me Want To Shut Down My Small Business: It’s hard work being an entrepreneur and taxes take on a whole new meaning when you’re self employed.
- How Much Is The Average Severance Package: If you think you could get laid off or are contemplating quitting your job, make sure to do your research first. There are some things that will surprise you.
- You Don’t Have To Be Famous To Be A Rockstar: The hype of celebrities cloud a lot of people into thinking that they have to be famous in order to have “made it.” Find out why I disagree.
- Are Your 30’s Better Than 20’s?: Now that I’ve crossed over into my 30’s find out what my thoughts are and share your experiences in the comments section!
- How To Overcome Obstacles: Forget Wheaties, Gobble Up Problems For Breakfast: We all face many challenges in life and at the end of the day we determine what we can overcome. It’s time to step up your game!
- When Is It Time To Quit? Why I Gave Up My Dream: Sometimes a passion is best kept as a hobby even though the decision isn’t always easy.
- 55 Bucket List Ideas And Tips: Why You Need A Bucket List Now: Don’t wait until your health is failing to put together a bucket list. Do it now when you’re young and time is on your side.
- Untemplate And Go Against The Grain: Following the herd and taking the easy way out is easy to do when we’re young. Embrace your true colors and shine!
- The Risks Of Starting A Business: There are lots of things to consider before becoming an entrepreneur and starting your own business.
- Making The Most Of What You Have In The Moment: It’s easy to forget how precious life is when we’re stressed out and tired. But we should never take the time we have for granted.
- What Do You Do When You Don’t Know What To Do With Your Life: We’ve all found ourselves wondering what the answer to this question is at least once, but more often than not we find ourselves facing this question at many stages in our lives.
Also be sure to check out our Untemplater Recommendations, and browse through our popular categories:
Who Keeps the Party Going Here?
That’d be me – Sydney. It’s a great pleasure to meet you! In addition to my own posts, Sam from Financial Samurai regularly shares his knowledge and thoughts with us from his experience as a full time entrepreneur who escaped cubicle nation after spending 13 years in finance. More on both of our backgrounds is available on the About page. We also regularly share many other untemplate stories and helpful tips from people from all over the world.
Untemplaters have unique backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and talents. Despite our diversity of thought and action, we share the belief that the conventional life plan doesn’t work anymore. Life is what you make of it, and more people are discovering exciting, nontraditional, and creative ways to break free. We are here to help you join them.
Untemplater wouldn’t be what is it today without readers like you, so thank you! I hope you stick around and enjoy the site. There’s a wealth of radically awesome articles. 🙂 And don’t forget to read more on our About page and download our free Untemplater Manifesto.