Welcome to Untemplater and thanks for stopping by. If you were hoping to submit a guest post, sorry we are no longer accepting guest post submissions.
If you are a corporation or professional marketer and have a paid advertising opportunity you want to pitch, please reroute to our Advertising Page.
Love to write?
If you love to write and are eager to get yourself published, here are a few steps we highly recommend.
1. Start your own website. Want to make more money? Work on building your brand by creating your own website the easy way with Bluehost for super cheap. You can register your domain for under $20/year and get hosting for only $3.49/month.
Whatever your interests are, focus on building your skills and developing your own unique niche! I’ve been blogging since 2010 and it has allowed me to break free from the corporate grind to travel, work from home, and do so many more things I’ve always wanted to do but couldn’t. There’s not a day that goes by where I’m not thankful for starting this site!
2. Read my How To Start A Blog page and get step-by-step guidance on how to sign up for a web host, find a domain name, select a hosting package, install WordPress, choose a professional looking theme plus lots of tips on how to grow your website and make money from your blog.
Getting started can be the hardest step of all because doing something new feels overwhelming, which is why I put together this tutorial.
3. Learn from other writers. Another great resource for learning how to build a writing career is Unconventional Guides. Their fantastic products help guide you through the necessary steps to become a successful and published writer. Check out both of these guides:
4. Read as much as you can. The more you read, the more knowledgable you’ll become and the more you can fine tune your own voice in the process. You can learn a lot about different writing styles and techniques just by reading. Plus, the more you read, the easier it will become for you to differentiate strong writers from the weak and less experienced. Figure out which styles of writing you enjoy reading the most and work on emulating them.
5. Want to blog? Write like you speak. It takes time and practice to become a successful writer. But I believe anyone who can speak and hold an interesting conversation has the skill to be a great writer. There are many different styles of writing of course, but being able to write a blog post is a lot like talking. If you can tell a captivating story or teach someone a new skill, you can learn how to write engaging and insightful content.
6. Join the Untemplater community. Untemplater is the ultimate haven for anyone seeking inspiration, practical advice and getting more out of life. The Untemplater motto is to shatter the template lifestyle. Work where you want. Live how you want. Be who you want to be.
Get involved with our discussions and peruse through the archives.