Thanks for taking the time to review the Untemplater comment policy. We allow public comments on our posts because we enjoy hearing from you! Comments allow us to have engaging dialogs, receive and answer questions, share opinions and show support for one another. Sometimes we may not all agree and that’s okay. Just remember to be respectful and mature anytime you choose to participate.
How Does Commenting Work?
It’s easy and quite addicting. At the bottom of every post, there is a section to leave a comment. The Name and Email fields are required so fill those out first. You can use a nickname if you like as long as it is appropriate (see below guidelines).
Rest assured we respect your privacy and your email address will not be publicly published when you submit a comment. Email addresses are also never sold and won’t be distributed. We hate spam just as much as you do.
If you own a website, you’re welcome to fill in that field, otherwise leave it blank. If your website is deemed offensive or spammy it will be deleted.
Next, simply type your comment in the large main box, which can be as long or as short as you like. If you would like to receive email updates when follow up comments are added, click the box next to “Notify me of followup comments via e-mail.” It’s unchecked by default.
Then, manually check the box “Confirm you are NOT a spammer” which appears right below the Submit button. We require this step because it helps keep spam bots out.
Lastly, click the Submit button. If your comment doesn’t appear right away don’t worry – it’s gone into the moderation queue for review and should be released within 24 hours if you adhered to the comment policy rules.
Here Are The Basic Ground Rules:
- Spam will be deleted – this is pretty straight forward. If you’re reading this, you probably aren’t spamming.
- Keep comments on topic – any comment that appears to be off-topic will be edited or deleted.
- No keywords in author names – we prefer that you use your real name or your normal nickname. If we suspect you’re using an author name to simply include targeted keywords, we’ll either edit or delete your comment. Nicknames that are inappropriate will be treated as spam and deleted.
- External linking – external links within comments are okay if they are relevant to the original post and your comment and are used infrequently. Simply linking to your own site in a comment will be frowned upon, especially if you are new to the community.
- Racist Comments – None. Period. If you attempt to leave one here you’ll be banned.
- Profanity – we’re PG13 here. Moderate language is allowed, but we reserve the right to edit out anything offensive.
- Bullying and personal attacks – Absolutely no bullying allowed. Personal attacks on any author or commentator will result in an immediate ban.
- Editor’s right – While we encourage comments that challenge or offer constructed criticism, we reserve the right to edit or remove any post, for any reason at any time.
Beyond that, we’re pretty open minded. So jump on in and join the conversation.
Hope to hear from you soon!