I’m super excited to release my Buy This Not That book review for Sam Dogen’s latest book. I was fortunate to read an early release copy of the final edit and am thrilled the book is now available at retailers everywhere. Want some inside scoop?
The book took over two years to write and another six months to complete the various stages of editing, copyediting, proofreading, design, and production. It’s way more work that most people realize to bring a book into print. And Sam doesn’t disappoint – he exceeds expectations and also made the Wall Street Journal bestseller list!
Buy This Not That Review 2022
Sam Dogen, the founder of Financial Samurai, is the author and mastermind behind the brand new book Buy This Not That available now.
The book launch was a huge success, made the Wall Street Journal bestseller list and also hit multiple Bestseller lists on Amazon.
In this Buy This Not That review, you’ll learn what the book is about, who should read it, the author’s background, details on what’s included, testimonials, and how to purchase your own copy.
What Is Buy This Not That About?
Buy This Not That is a non-fiction book in the business and personal finance genre written by Sam Dogen, founder of FinancialSamurai.com. It addresses some of the biggest decisions we face in life that impact our happiness, jobs, finances, relationships, investments, retirement, independence, and more.
In addition, Buy This Not That provides decision-making solutions and strategies to help readers make smarter choices, plan, set, and achieve a variety of goals while improving their financial health.
What I really love about the book is that it is an easy to understand, no-nonsense resource that we can reference throughout our various stages in life. You can benefit exponentially from the knowledge and tools in Buy This Not That from your first years as a college student, and throughout your life as a full-time employee, spouse, parent, and retiree.
Most non-fiction books focus on only one specific topic that can drag on and on. And frankly, a lot of them aren’t that helpful. However, the amount of knowledge you can learn in Buy This Not That is like getting 10-15 books in one, without any unnecessary filler.
So not only do you get to learn a ton in Sam’s book, you can save time, money, make better decisions, and get help achieving your financial goals sooner.
Who Should Read Buy This Not That?
What’s great about Buy This Not That is that you can utilize it as a resource and reference guide at various stages of your life. It has strategies to help you with big decisions for everything from choosing schools, jobs, cars, relationships, housing, debt types, investments, real estate, retirement plans, and helps you pave a successful financial path for your future and those of your current or future kids.
Thus, I think everyone who wants to have more financial security, needs help making important decisions, and who wants to improve their life should read this book. If you still need convincing, here’s a small list of scenarios you may be in now or later that would benefit from reading Buy This Not That.
- You’re burnt out at work and feel stuck.
- Making more money is one of your goals, but you don’t know how to get started.
- You want to get ahead of the curve and avoid costly setbacks and mistakes.
- You can’t decide if you should go to grad school and/or change careers.
- Building passive income is on your to do list.
- You know how vital knowledge is to growing wealth.
- Getting married is on your horizon.
- You want to know the ideal age to have kids or not at all.
- Preparing for retirement is important to you.
- You’re a long-time fan of the Financial Samurai blog.
- Buying property is one of your priorities.
- You want the confidence to take action in your life and minimize regrets.
- Retiring early on your own terms is your dream.
- You strive to be rich and happy.
Ready to order your own copy? Please click any of the retail buttons below.
My Buy This Not That review continues below with even more detailed insights.
About The Author: Sam Dogen AKA Financial Samurai
Sam Dogen started the popular personal finance blog Financial Samurai in 2009 during the depths of the financial crisis. His writing began as a way to make sense of all the chaos that was happening around us. And his website continues today as a free resource to help people achieve financial freedom sooner, rather than later.
After 13 years of working in finance, he decided to retire in 2012 to focus on Financial Samurai. However, instead of just calling it quits and handing in a resignation, Sam ingeniously negotiated a severance package. He received a generous lump sum severance that provided him with over six years of living expenses! Now that’s impressive.
His voice is one of the most brilliant, unique, and witty styles around. And the knowledge he’s accumulated and shared with his readers is paramount. I’ve been following his work since his website began and am amazed at how he continues to produce creative, in-depth and insightful content multiple times a week.
I definitely recommend reading Financial Samurai on a regular basis in addition to Buy This Not That.
What’s Included In The Book?
Curious to know what’s in the book? My Buy This Not That review wouldn’t be complete without giving you the inside scoop! Here’s a sneak peak at what’s included:
- Over 300 pages of expert advice on life’s biggest decisions
- Comprehensive framework to help you live your best life
- 15 detailed chapters with key takeaway summaries
- Extensive range of important personal finance topics including:
- Putting your cash to work
- Mastering debt
- Optimizing your investments
- Real estate fundamentals
- Investing strategies for real estate
- Career optimization strategies
- Side hustling
- Passive income
- Education costs and decision making
- Relationships and money
- Real world examples and case studies
- Costly mistakes to avoid
- Tips on how to live like a Financial Samurai
- Indispensable lists of principles and goals to live your best life
- Detailed tables, graphs, and charts
- Keyword index to quickly find specific topics
- Beautifully drawn chapter illustrations
- Additional resource recommendations
Reviews & Testimonials For Buy This Not That
The buzz on Buy This Not That is spreading fast. Check out these testimonials:
Get Ready For What’s Next
“This book has prepared me for life after basketball! A straight-forward guide to live a balanced, financially free life.”
– Shaun Livingston, 3X NBA champion
Make The Most Of Your Life With More Money
“A no-nonsense guide to living your best life now while also ensuring a financially independent future.”
– Emily Chang, anchor and executive producer of Bloomberg Technology, and bestselling author of Brotopia
Get Bold, Firsthand Expertise
“A one-of-a-kind book! Bold advice from someone who’s not just done the math, he’s lived it. A must read!”
– Kumiko Love, founder of The Budget Mom and nationally bestselling author of My Money My Way
Overcome Decision Paralysis
“Step by step, chapter by chapter, Sam shows how to make optimal money choices that focus on wealth building—not just saving for saving’s sake, but for living life on your terms.”
– David McKnight, bestselling author of The Power of Zero and Tax-Free Income for Life
A Priceless Guidebook For Your Entire Adulthood
“Sam brings his expertise on making important real-life decisions to each page and backs it up with actual strategies and concrete advice. The majority of personal finance books on the market are filled with fluff and vague generalities that frankly aren’t that helpful. However, Buy This, Not That is the type of book that pays for itself tenfold. It’s the type of guide you should keep on hand to reference from 20s to your 80s.”
– Sydney Dunham, owner and lead writer for Untemplater.com and mom of 2 kids.
Order Buy This Not That Today
You can purchase directly from any of the retailers below. Simply choose your favorite store, add to cart, checkout, and get excited about a phenomenal read that will improve your life!
If you want to learn even more, check out Sam’s Financial Samurai Buy This Not That sales page.
Buy This Not That Review
Buy This Not That by Sam Dogen of Financial Samurai is the best resource out there for getting help with life’s biggest decisions. The book will give you the confidence and the knowledge to improve your finances, make smarter choices in your career, achieve the retirement of your dreams, and so much more.